Strandgade 102, 3. sal, 1401 København K, Building: 322
My current research project focusses on the relation between mining activities in Greenland and their importance in the negotiation of Greenlandic identities. The project addresses historical as well as contemporary mining projects and debates.
Primary fields of research
Cultural studies of societal transformations in Greenland and Canada based on cross-cultural methods and theory. Eight fields of problems have my particular interest:
1. industrialization and extractive industries
2. Climate change and adaptation strategies
3. Use and management of natural resources
4. Indigenous peoples' rights and selv-governance
5. The Arctic research history
6. Urbanisation and migration
7. Economic strategies and the growth imperative
8. Sustainablity science and biodiversity
- Cross-cultural analysis
- History of anthropological theory
- Qualitative methods
- Organizational theory
- Cultural analysis
- Politics and economy
- Environmental management and knowledge regimes
- Traditional and contemporary cultural and social issues in the Arctic (eg social organization, exchange, economy and land rights).
- PublishedSejersen, F. 3 Apr 2015 London & New York: Routledge. 235 p. (Earthscan Science in Society Series).
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book
Efterforskning og udnyttelse af råstoffer i Grønland i historisk perspektiv: Baggrundspapir. Udvalget for samfundsgavnlig udnyttelse af Grønlands naturressourcerSejersen, F. 24 Jan 2014 København. 78 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Report
- PublishedSejersen, F. 2009 In : Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskab. Historisk-Filosofiske Meddelelser. 106, p. 218-244
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article
Mobility, climate change and social dynamics in the Arctic: the creation of new horizons of expectation and the role of the communitySejersen, F. 21 Aug 2012 Climate change and human mobility: global challenges to the social sciences. Hastrup, K. & Olwig, K. F. (eds.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, Ch. 8, p. 225-254 30 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book chapter
- Member:23 Mar 2015 - 23 Mar 2016
- Member:1 Jan 2015 - 1 Jan 2016
- Member:1 Jul 2010 - 31 Dec 2014