Brian Arly Jacobsen
Karen Blixens Vej 4, 2300 København S, Søndre Campus, Building: 10-4-18
- Religion and localpolitic in Denmark.
- The role of religion in the public sphere. A comparative study of the five Nordic countries (NOREL). Thematic group: Religion and State - Religion on official occasions. (http://www.kifo.no/index.cfm?id=266100).
- Muslims in Denmark an Europe. Organizations, institutions and the politization of Islam in the public sphere.
Primary fields of research
- The relation between politics and religion in Danmark 1900-2010
- Migration and religion in Danmark
- Muslims and Islam in Denmark/Europe
- Demography of Religion
- The relation between state, nation and religion
- Religion among Danes abroad
- Civil religion in a Danish perspective
- Sociology of religion
- Minorities, religion and society
- Religion and the Nationstate
- Civil religion in Denmark
- Politics and religion
- Discourse analyses
- Quantitative methods in the sociology of religion
- Qualitative methods in the sociology of religion
- Innovation in humanities
Fields of interest
In addition to the research and teaching areas:
- Policies of religion
- Research Policy
- Education policy
- PublishedJacobsen, B. A. 15 Jun 2015 In : Religionsvidenskabeligt Tidsskrift. 62, p. 91-105 15 p., 8
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article
- PublishedJacobsen, B. A. 1 Jun 2014 Oxford Islamic Studies Online. Esposito, J. L., DeLong-Bas, N. J., Akhavi, S., Kalin, I., Piscatori, J., Sonn, T. & Voll, J. O. (eds.). 2 ed. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 7 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Encyclopedia chapter
- PublishedJacobsen, B. A. 27 Aug 2013 Civilreligion i Danmark: Ritualer, myter og steder. Warburg, M., Larsen, S. E. & Schütze, L. M. (eds.). Højbjerg: Forlaget Univers, p. 179-198 20 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book chapter
- Jacobsen, B. A. (Member)1 Apr 2013
Activity: Membership › Membership in committee, council, board