Ditte Marie Munch-Jurisic
Karen Blixens Plads 8, 2300 København S
Date of birth: 8th of January 1981
- 2010- PhD Student at the department for Philosophy, University of Copenhagen.
- 2009 (May) Fellowship from the Council of Europe: Study Session on Genocide: Catalyst and Consequences, Budapest.
- 2008 Master of Arts in Philosophy and Danish literature and language from University of Copenhagen. Master’s thesis (in Danish): A new Categorical Imperative? A philosophical investigation of the refrain “Never again!” English summary: https://www.diis.dk/sw67059.asp
- 2008 (January-August) Master’s Student at the Department of Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Danish Institute for International Studies
- 2007 (December) Short term fellowship at an Intensive Postgraduate Course “Genocide in a Historical Context”, The Center for Studies of Holocaust and Religious Minorities, Oslo
- 2006 (summer) Fellow at Humanity in Action’s summer and fall program on human rights, minorities and discrimination in Copenhagen, Berlin, Washington D.C. and New York City.
- 2005 (August) Summer university course: “This Time We Knew – The Failure of the International Community to Prevent Genocide in Bosnia, Rwanda and Darfur” arranged by the Department of Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Danish Institute for International Studies
Work and educational experience
- 2009-March 2010 Head of Section, Danish Institute for International Studies, Holocaust and Genocide: Coordinating educational and outreach activities connected to the annual national Memorial Day for Holocaust and other genocides, “Auschwitz-day”.
- 2008-2009 Workshop Instructor at “Auschwitz-Day” (The International Holocaust Memorial Day) for Danish high school students, Department of Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Danish Institute for International Studies
- 2006-2009 Initiator and editor of the anthology Verdenshistorier – an alternative literature canon, Danish Refugee Counsel and the publishing house Gyldendal: text book for literature classes, intruducing world literature.
- 2008 Teacher of Danish at A1-level, Business Academy Copenhagen North (October-December)
- 2007 Intern at the Office of the Prosecutor at ICTY, The Hague, Netherlands; Prepared research and arguments to be used in court for the Chief Prosecutors in the Milutinovic et al. trial (Kosovo 1999)
- 2004 Instructor in the course “Practical philosophy”, University of Copenhagen
High proficiency in written and spoken English
Reads and understands Norwegian and Swedish
Basic proficiency in French
Basic proficiency in German
Master of Arts in Philosophy