Karen Blixens Plads 8, 2300 København S, 10 Bygning 10 (Afsnit 2), Building: 10-2-49
1988–1990: Postgraduate Fellow at the Institute of Nordic Philology, University of Copenhagen.
1990-1993: Assistant Professor at the Institute of Greenlandic, Ilisimatusarfik/University of Greenland.
1993-1994: External lecturer at the Minority Studies Section, Institute of Nordic Philology, University of Copenhagen.
1994-1996: Research fellowat theInstitute of Nordic Philology, University of Copenhagen.
1997–2001: Assistant professor at the Minority Studies Section, Institute of Nordic Philology, University of Copenhagen.
2002 - : Associate professor at the Minority Studies Section, Institute of Nordic Philology, University of Copenhagen. In 2005 the department moved to the Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies.
2009: Fulbright Professor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Scholarships, individual and collective research projects
- 1994-1996: From oral tradition to written literature. 3 year scholarship from the Carlsberg Foundation in order to study and edit parts of the Rink collection at the Royal Library in Copenhagen.
- 1993-96: Publication of the Rink texts funded by the Carlsberg Foundation and KVUG (Commission for Scientific Research in Greenland).
- 2002-2003: As blubber and water? Mutual interpretations of the cultural encounter between Denmark and Greenland. 2 year scholarship funded by the Danish Research Committee.
- 2006-2009 Arctic Discourses. A project with active participants from Tromsø University, Umeå University, University of Copenhagen, Amsterdam University, Vienna Museum and University College, London.
- 2006-2009: The Urban Greenland. Movements, Narratives, Creativity. Research project at ToRS, Copenhagen University. Funded by The Danish Research Council for Humanities.
- 2007-2010 From Oral Tradition to Rap. Literatures of the Polar North. IPY (International Polar Year) project. A collaboration of researchers from Greenland, Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Norway, Canada, Great Britain and Alaska.
- 2007: Tranquebar in Danish Representation The Danish National Museum’s Tranquebar initiative. Funded by Bikubenfonden.
- 2009: Fulbright Scholarship For Visiting Professors.
- 2009-2010: Cosmopolitanism, Post-Nationalism And The Cultural Self In Recent Nordic Literature And Culture. A collaboration of literary scholars from Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Funded by the Research Council of Norway.
- 2009-2013 SARP (The Sámi Art Research Project), Funded by The Research Council of Norway and the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education, University of Tromsø.
- 2012-2016 Leader of the international research project Denmark and the New North Atlantic.
- 2016- Project participant in the “Centre of Excellence for Resources, Extractive Industries and Sustainable Arctic Communities (REXSAC)”
- 2016- Project participant in ”Politics of Postcoloniality and Sustainability in the Arctic (POSUSA)”
Since 2018 member of the board of the DINO Network, Diversity in Nordic Literature
Guest lectures held at Danish, Nordic, European, American and Australian universities; including Roskilde, Aalborg, Odense, Kolding, Uppsala, Stockholm, Tromsø, Nuuk, Reykiavik, Edinburgh, Hamburg, Bonn, Bochum, Münster, Greifswald, Basel, Berlin, Bologna, Madison, Berkeley, UCLA, Minneapolis, Canberra.
mag.art., Ph. D.